Areas of Service

Contact Us

We have the resources on hand that can be tailored to the specific needs of our client.

We are here to help. Never feel you are alone, there is always help.

What is American Indian Law?

While there are many American Indian Tribes in our Great Nation, there are just as many laws that govern each tribe. Knowing the difference and how they differ from the Federal Government can help when you find yourself in need of legal assistance.

Does it apply to me?

Generally if you are an American Indian the different types of laws under the federal government may apply to you. Please give us a call if you find that you have questions. While we may be able to answer some questions others may require you to seek legal counsel.

Should I file for Bankruptcy?

Many people ask this basic question when they find themselves at a point where they need help. Exploring other options to bankruptcy is sometimes a better option than looking at a Chapter 7 or 13.

Will Bankruptcy Help?

Generally it is a good option to weigh everything before settling on one course of action. Stop for a moment and think of the types of bankruptcy, while it may seem an easy out, it is sometimes not the answer because a bankruptcy doesn’t not eliminate certain types of debt also known as priority obligations.

While there are many questions to ask some of the basic questions are

Do you qualify for bankruptcy
Are you facing any legal actions or a lawsuit
Are you upside down on your property and about to lose it
How much equity (property) do you own
Which type of bankruptcy is good for you

These basic question and many others are why we at 1212 Documents is here.

What type of Child Custody do I chose?

While most people assume that there is only one type of child custody. There are in fact many types of child custody that is why we at 1212 documents are here to help.

Types of Child Custody

• Physical Custody
• Legal Custody
• Sole Custody
• Joint Custody
• Joint Custody Arrangements

While it might look simple, the needs of the child are paramount in any proceedings and knowing your legal rights goes a long way to understanding which course of action best suits your particular situation.

What is Child Support?

In California, child support is the amount of money that a court can order a parent or both parents to pay every month for the expense of raising a child (or children). A judge determines the amount of child support based on a state-wide guideline and will issue a child support order. While this may seem pretty straightforward, child support cases can be highly emotional and involve other legal matters, such as paternity or divorce issues.

Some states refer to it as Driving under the Influence (DUI), others refer to it as Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and a small group of states called it Operating Under the Influence (OUI). We generally refer to it as “DUI” this type of offense generally includes not being able to properly operating a vehicle to the extent that both physically and mentally you are unable to use your mental faculties.

How can it affect me?

• Driver's License may be revoked
• You may be forced to attend AAA
• Jail
• Fines
• SR-22 Requirements

These are some of the things you may have to face if you find yourself with a DUI and while it may seem that there is no way out we are here to help.


An annulment (or “nullity of marriage” or “nullity of domestic partnership”) is when a court says your marriage or domestic partnership never legally existed. An annulment, it is like your marriage or domestic partnership never happened because it was never legal. While there are many legal reasons for an annulment making sure you know the difference it always helpful.


A divorce deals with problems in a marriage itself they arising after the marriage is formed. Normally after a divorce both parties may have a continued legal status as ex-spouses sometimes they involve property, custody of children, and alimony.


Many people are confused by the term “separated” and it's no wonder, given that there are four different kinds of separations. However, it's important to know the differences, each type of separation a couple chooses can impact property rights. The following is a general overview of the types of separations, each state has specific rules regarding property rights. If you have questions regarding divorce or a legal separation please contact an experienced family law attorney in your area.

Types of Separation

• Trial Separation
• Living Apart
• Permanent Separation

Domestic violence is abuse or threats of abuse when the person being abused and the abuser are or have been in an intimate relationship (married or domestic partners, are dating or used to date, live or lived together, or have a child together). It is also when the abused person and the abusive person are closely related by blood or by marriage.

The domestic violence laws say “abuse” is:

• Physically hurting or trying to hurt someone, intentionally or recklessly;
• Sexual assault;
• Making someone reasonably afraid that they or someone else are about to be seriously hurt (like threats or promises to harm someone); OR
• Behavior like harassing, stalking, threatening, or hitting someone; disturbing someone’s peace; or destroying someone’s personal property.

The physical abuse is not just hitting. Abuse can be kicking, shoving, pushing, pulling hair, throwing things, scaring or following you, or keeping you from freely coming and going. It can even include physical abuse of the family pets.


Special Education

Special education laws give children with disabilities and their parents important rights. Specifically, the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) gives families of special education children certain rights like:

• Have their child assessed or tested to determine special education eligibility and needs

• Inspect and review school records relating to their child

• Attend an annual “individualized education program” (IEP) meeting and develop a written IEP plan with representatives of the local school district, and resolve disputes with the school district through an impartial administrative and legal process

IEP's (Individualized Education Program)

Understanding how IDEA and IEP's work together helps you to better understand what your child’s unique needs may be regarding education. While it is complicated it is not impossible to understand and understanding can go a long way in helping you decide what is best for your child’s particular need.

With 15 years’ experience in the educational sector we understand the specific circumstances you may face and know the best course of action to take when you are facing suspensions, expulsions, discriminations or bullying situations. At 1212 Documents we can help answer the many questions you have and help alleviate some of the stresses you may face. Please give us a call to discuss your situation.

What is a living Trust?

A living is typically used when you have valuable property and is used to leave your property to someone. You make what's called a trust document, sign it in front of a notary public, and then transfer your property into the trust. During your life you, are known as the trustee and have complete control over the property in your trust. When you pass away, the person you named as “successor trustee” passes your trust property to the people you named as beneficiaries.

Do I need a living Trust?

If you have valuable property, such as a house or large bank accounts, using a living trust to may save your family time and money and avoid probate. While it depends on the size of the estate sometimes a trust is not needed.

There are lots of reasons to do a name change, including marriage and divorce and just not liking the name you were given at birth. It's a pretty simple process in most places, and often possible to do yourself without the help of a lawyer. Give 1212 Documents a call so that we may assist you.

How do I establish paternity?

As with many cases involving a child there are many questions to be answered some easy while others are difficult. Establishing Paternity refers to a legal establishment of who is the father or mother of the given child and who will ultimately bear the responsibility of supporting the child throughout their development.

What does it take to establish paternity?

While it can sometimes be as easy as someone saying “yes” I am the father or mother. Sometimes it is harder and other methods need to be established prior to a person being asked to take responsibility for the well-being of a child.

What is a Restraining Order?

A restraining order is court orders directing a person not to do something, such as make contact with another person; enter the family home, or an order not to remove a child from the state. Restraining orders are often issued in cases in which spousal abuse, stalking, or other immediate harm is feared. A restraining order is always temporary and is also commonly referred to as a temporary restraining order or TRO.

If you feel that you are a victim of domestic violence and need a TRO do not hesitate to contact a qualified attorney and seek protection from the person seeking to do you harm.

What is a small claim?

Small claims court is a special court where disputes are resolved quickly.
In small claims the rules are simplified and the hearing is informal. Attorneys
are generally not allowed. The person who files the claim is called the plaintiff.
The person against whom the claim is filed against is called the defendant.

A wage garnishment is a judgement a creditor's has obtained against you. It means the creditor sued you for nonpayment of a debt, and won. Garnishment allows the plaintiff to take the money or property of the debtor from the person or institution that holds that property.

What is Will?

A will leaves instructions to a trusted person about what should happen to their property when they pass away. However, a will can do much more than simply leave your final wishes.

We make sure your documents are prepared that details the rights and duties of landlords and the tenants.